A Self-Drilling Screw is a Self-Tapping Screw with the added feature of a drill point. The drill point looks a lot like the point of a drill to cut through sheet metal or steel which eliminates the need for drilling a pilot hole. These self-drilling screws are usually designed for use in soft steel or other metals. Self-drilling screw points are numbered from 1 through 5, the larger the number, the thicker metal it can go through without a pilot hole. A Tek#5 point can drill a 0.5 in (13 mm) of steel plate, for example.It will drill a hole and form the mating threads in one operation.
- Head Type: Flat, Pan, Hex Flange Washer, Hex Flange Washer Large, Bugle, Wafer, Pan Framing, Oval, Flower, Truss, Round.
- Drive On Head: Phillips, Square, Pozi, Square + Phil, Star(6 lobes), Slotted, Phil + Slotted.
- Point Type: Tek#1, Tek#2, Tek#3, Tek#4, Tek#5.
- Thread Type:
- Type-A: 10#-12 THD, 12#-11 THD, 14#-10 THD.
- Bsd Type: 5#-20 THD, 6#-20 THD, 7#-19 THD, 8#-18 THD, 10#-16 THD.
- Csd Type: 8#-32 THD, 10#-24 THD, 12#-24 THD, 14#-20 THD.
- Plating: Plain, Zinc Plated, Yellow Zinc Plated, Phosphate, Long Life Surface Treatment, Others.
- Diameter: #5 ~ 5/16"
- Length: 9.5mm ~ 254mm
- With a drilling point.
- 40 degree thread angle.
- High thread design.